An awesome list of events and fellowship opportunities for computer science students
- Learning Platform
- Competitive Programming
- Web Development
- Mobile Development
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science
- Open Source
- Programming Events
- General Opportunities
Back to Top
### Competitive Programming
- HackerRank - Solve code challenges to prepare for programming interviews.
- HackerEarth - Solve code challenges to help companies find innovative solutions for their businesses.
- CodeChef - Non-profit competitive programming platform.
- TopCoder - Participate in code challenges and help solve real world problems.
- CodeForces - Russian website dedicated to competitive programming.
- ProjectEuler - Solve computational and mathematical problems using your programming skills.
- Spoj - Programming contests with online judging system.
- InterviewBit - A platform to learn and practice coding interview questions.
- VisuAlgo - Visualizing data structures and algorithms through animation.
- LeetCode - Develop programming skills for your next interview.
- FireCode - An online coding interview preparation.
- CodeWars - Code challenges platform to level up your skills.
- CodinGame - Learn to code by playing games.
- CodeForces - Online platform that hosts competitions and problem sets
- DailyProgrammer - Solutions to programming challenges, peer reviewed with community feedback.
- CodeFights - Practice programming and land a job.
- UVa - Programming contests with online judging system.
- Stanford ACM ICPC - Stanford Notebook provides printable templates usable during online/on-site contests.
- Exercism - Solve programming challenges from your terminal.
- DailyCodingProblem - Get exceptionally good at coding interviews by solving one problem every day.
- acmp.ru - Russian programming contests
- Timus Online Judge - Programming contests with online judging system.
- DMOJ: Modern Online Judge - contest platform and archive of programming problems
- Rose Code - Programming challenges with leaderboards and blog posts
- Coderbyte - Programming challenges and specific routes to help learn specific skills
- Code Golf - Programming challenges with individual leaderboards for problems
- Daily Coding Problem - Get emailed a new coding problem every day
- Halite - Create AI to face off against other people's AI. More specialized on AI
- Advent of Code - A yearly set of coding challenges that published with leaderboards
- StopStalk - A tool to analyse and improve your Competitive Programming Progress
### Web Development
- FreeCodeCamp - Coding tutorials and challenges.
- Thimble - Free online code editor, web server, web browser & developer tools.
- NodeSchool - Open source workshops that teach web software skills.
- The Odin Project - A full free open source coding curriculum.
- Codecademy - Free and premium interactive tutorials for various languages.
- CodeSchool - Combination of video and interactive tutorials.
- MDN web docs - Web development articles by Mozilla.
- Scrimba - Provides Web Development Courses with a unique feature of live interaction with the instructor's code.
- FrontendMasters - In-depth and advanced video tutorials on Frontend Devlopment from experts in the industry.
### Mobile Development
- Udacity Android Nanodegree - Students can also apply for scholarship given by Google.
- Android Developer Training - Range of courses to help you build Android apps.
- Vogella - Tutorials about Android development.
- Android Hive - Android tutorials blog.
- iOS development - Build your first iOS app with an Udacity course.
- DevOps Bootcamp - Course dedicated to teach core software development and systems operation skills.
- Google IT Support Course - Google course to prepare you for a job in IT support.
### Data Science
- Kaggle - Data science competitive platform.
- DataQuest - Learn data science with your browser.
- DataCamp - Learn data science online.
- DrivenData - Participate in data science competitions and help organizations.
- Analytics Vidhya - Training and Q&A platform based around data science.
- fast.ai - Deep Learning with only prerequisite being general coding skills.
- TunedIT - Data Mining competitions.
- Data Science Central - the online resource for big data practitioners.
- KPMG Data Science Virtual Internship - learn data science from a Big 4 accounting firm and how it's used in industry.
### Artificial Intelligence
- Siraj Raval - YouTube channel with tutorials about AI.
- Sentdex - YouTube channel with programming tutorials.
- Two Minute Papers - Learn AI with 5 mins videos.
- Andrej Karpathy - Old blog about AI, now posting on Medium.
- iamtrask - Machine Learning blog.
- colah's blog - Blog about neural networks.
- Google Machine Learning Course - A crash course of machine learning taught by Google Engineers
- Google AI- Learn from ML experts at Google
### Computer Science
* BaseCS - Explains computer science basics in easy-to-digest articles. Also in podcast format.
* Tutorials Point - tutorials for technologies like web, mobile and many more.
* Introduction to Computer Science - CS101 - introduction to computer science in python language.
### Open Source
- Up For Grabs - Start exploring open source projects and get involved in them.
- 24 Pull Requests - Yearly initiative to encourage developers to send 24 pull requests during December.
- HacktoberFest - Similar to 24PullRequests, gives swag for 4 accepted pull requests.
- OpenHatch - Non-profit providing tools for new open source contributors.
- First Timers Only - Beginners-friendly open source projects.
- Your First PR - Helps you make a contribution by showcasing great starter issues on Github.
- Awesome For Beginners - A list of awesome beginners-friendly projects.
- CodeTriage - Pick your favorite projects to receive a different issue in your inbox every day.
- Open Source Friday - Helps you find a project to contribute to.
How to start? - blogs
* Beginner Bug Bounty Hunters resources- Collection of resources to build up the basics of Web Application Security
* Getting Started in Bug Bounty Hunting - What You Should Know Before Starting to learn about Bug Bounty Hunting?
* Getting started in Bug Bounty - How to get started in Bug Bounties
* How to get started with bug Bounty? - What you need to learn before getting started with bug bounty
* METHODOLOGY , TOOLKIT , TIPS & TRICKS - A complete bug bounty blog for beginners
* Recon - by Sahil Ahamad - Blog post on reconnaissance processes for web applications security testing
* Recon - by Adrien - What tools I use for my recon during Bug Bounty
Back to Top
- Udacity - Free and paid online classes.
- Coursera - Courses from schools and universities like Stanford and Yale.
- Udemy - Online learning and teaching platform.
- edX - Free online courses from institutions like Harvard, MIT, Microsoft and more.
- Codecademy - Online learning platform for coding.
- MIT OPENCOURSEWARE - Browse and learn with free MIT courses' material.
- Microsoft Virtual Academy - Free courses on IT basic concepts and Microsoft products and services.
- Awesome Courses - List of awesome university courses for learning Computer Science.
- Lynda - Online learning platform.
- Stanford Online - Stanford's courses platform.
- Pluralsight - Paid learning platform made to help you build your career or land a job.
- Khan Academy - Free online learning platform.
- Sololearn - Learn coding from the ground up for free!! (also available on android)
- Y Combinator - Learn how engineering works at a Y Combinator startup
- MOOC.fi - Free courses from the University of Helsinki's Department of Computer Science.
Back to Top
- Developer Scholarship from Google - Link for Indian students (Others click here).
- Scholarship Opportunities at Google - Google's scholarship opportunities.
- Microsoft Scholarship Program - For students at US/Canada/Mexico only.
- Fellowships at Microsoft Research Asia - For students in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or Taiwan.
- IBM PhD Fellowship - For students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies.
- Thiel Fellowship for young innovators - Intended for students under 23yo and offers a total of $100,000 and guidance to drop out of school and pursue other work.
- The Facebook Fellowship Program - Designed to encourage promising doctoral students who are engaged in areas related to computer science.
- NVIDIA Graduate Fellowships - Fellowship for AI,ML students.
- S.N. Bose Scholars Program - For Indian Students.
- Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship - For IEEE members.
- The Data Science for Social Good Fellowship - It is a University of Chicago summer program to train aspiring data scientists to work on data mining, machine learning, big data, and data science projects with social impact.
- The Data Incubator - The Data Incubator is an 8-week educational fellowship preparing students with Master's degrees and PhDs for careers in big data and data science.
- Kleiner Perkins Fellow - Engineering - Kleiner Perkins Fellows program matches accepted fellows up with their partnering Silicon Valley startups over the summer.
- Cern Openlab Summer Student Programme - CERN openlab is a 2 month long student program where students complete assigned projects with CERN members during the summer.
- HackNY Fellow - Fellowship that matches students with New York City Startups
- Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship - Adobe Scholarship for encouraging women to showcase their excellence in computing and technology.
- Grace Hopper Scholarship - A Scholarship by USC Girls in Tech.
- WeTech Qualcomm Global Scholarship - A scholarship for women in technology by Qualcomm and IIE.
- Emeritus fellowship - For the superannuated teachers.
- Junior research fellowship in science, humanities and social science - It is for qualifiers of UGC and UGC-CSIR tests.
- UGC research fellowships in science for meritorious students - It is to promote quality research in University/Departments.
- Junior research fellowship in engineering and technology - It is for those who wish to pursue Ph.D. degree in engineering and technology.
- Swarnajayanti fellowships scheme - For providing special assistance and support to talented young scientist.
- MLH Fellowship - The MLH Fellowship helps software engineers level up
Back to Top
- Google Summer of Code - A global program focused on bringing more student developers into open source software development.
- Google CodeJam - Google’s largest coding competition.
- Google Kickstart - Many online rounds to give students the opportunity to develop their coding skills and pursue a career at Google.
- Google HashCode - Programming competition organized by Google for students and industry professionals across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Google Code-in - A competition for pre-university students(13 to 17 years old) to introduce themselves to the world of open source by doing small tasks for various open source projects.
- ACM-ICPC - The International Collegiate Programming Contest is an algorithmic programming contest for college students.
- Facebook HackerCup - Annual programming contest organized by Facebook.
- List of Open Source Internship Programs - Includes Rails Girls Summer of Code and Outreachy.
- Hactoberfest - Organized by Digital Ocean in October.
- IEEEXtreme - Annual 24 hour long team contest for IEEE members.
Back to Top
- Devpost - Online or in-person hackathons browsing platform.
- hackathon.io - Browse in-person hackathons.
- Hackalist - List of upcoming hackathons.
- AngelHack - Hackathon planning organization.
- Hackevents - Hackathons search engine.
- Yelp Dataset Challenge - The challenge is a chance for students to conduct research or analysis on our data and share their discoveries with Yelp.
- hack.summit() - Virtual conference where you can learn from the world's most renowned programmers.
- Major League Hacking Event Page - A list of a ton of events that are sponsored by the official hackathon league
- Microsoft Imagine Cup-Bring your tech idea to life with the Imagine Cup and make a difference through creativity, collaboration, and competition.
Back to Top
- Github Student Pack - Get free access to the best developer tools in one place.
- Visual Studio Dev Essentials - Free learning resources and programming tools.
Back to Top
- Community Driven Demo Projects - Find interesting mini projects for CSE and get started with an execution plan